The concept of SafeTRIP is to provide an integrated system platform that will allow any third party company to develop applications for the road market. During the project, we will develop the SafeTRIP platform and demonstrate the following applications:
- Provision of real-time traffic information and warnings generated by the collection of data coming from other vehicles
- Emergency call system
- Tracking in real-time of vulnerable passengers transports.
“SafeTRIP” will integrate innovative satellite technologies and communication features:
- accurate satellite positioning (GPS / EGNOS / GALILEO)
- 2-way data communication via satellite
- Digital radio broadcast via satellite in the new S-band
These unique features allow exploring a new generation of services in order to improve the road safety and to contribute to the environment protection.
SafeTRIP is one of the EU projects winning the context "Les Étoiles de l'Europe" organised by the French Ministry of Innovation and Research.
The prize, at its first edition, awards the 12 best French researchers and coordinators that excel in the leading of innovative European projects in all domains.
Guy Frémont as Project Coordinator, assisted by Sébastien Grazzini as Technical Coordinator, participated to the Gala event at the Sorbonne University in Paris to receive the prize.
The event took place on December, 16th 2013 at the occasion of the official launch in France of the EC research programme HORIZON 2020, in presence of:
For more information on the event: http://www.horizon2020.gouv.fr/cid75844/les-etoiles-de-l-europe-un-troph...